Application Process of Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA)
The application forms will be issued from : Apr 01st, 2017.
The last date to submit form : Jun 12, 2017.
Last date to Submit Application hard copy, SAT Score : Jun 12, 2017.
The registration fee of US$ 250 in all cases will be non-refundable
The submission of application is a two stage process, both are essential.
- Online application and Submission of signed print copy of the application along with required documents and payment details to DASA Office, NITK Surathkal.
- SAT subject test score to be sent to NITK Surathkal through CollegeBoard, USA( institute code 6530)
A. Online Application
Create an account at www.dasanit.org by entering the required details to register:
- Create the account with an username (to be chosen by the candidate) and Password
- If the account is successfully created the candidate will get an email confirming the (i) username (ii) Applicant ID and the (iii) password.
Application filling & Submission
- Candidates should first upload their latest passport size photograph in .jpg format (1MB)
- Candidates should provide Personal Details, Contact Details, Passport / Citizenship Card Details, Qualifying Examination Details, Payment Details.
- Activate your account by clicking the verfication link on the received email.
- Course Choices: You can enter up to 30 choices which can be of any combination of institutes and / or courses of your choice in the order of priority (first being the highest priority). Candidates are strongly advised to fill the choices only after going through the websites of institutes of their interest. This completes the filling of the details in the online application form. The process of submission of application is given below.
Candidates are advised to click the Preview Form button to preview the form and ensure that all the required details have been provided correctly. In case, there are some corrections to be made, candidates can click the Edit Form button and edit the application. After ensuring that all the data provided are correct and in the required format. Click the Submit Form button to submit the online application. The submitted online application should be printed by making use of the Download Form button. Print two copies of the submitted online application form and are advised to keep one copy for further remaining process.
- In one sitting, if a candidate is unable to fill the online application, he / she can do it in subsequent sittings and complete it.
- Once the online application is submitted, the candidate will not be able to modify the details.
B. Submission of hard copy of the application
The downloaded hard copy of the application should be duly signed by the candidate and parent / guardian. Affix a recent Passport size photograph (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) in the hard copy of the printed application form.
- Self attested copy of candidates Passport (In case of Napalese candidates not having passport, copy of Citizenship Card has to be submitted)
- Self attested copy for proof of date of birth.
- Self attested copy of Mark Sheet of 10th and 12th (or) Equivalent examination
- Self attested copy of certificate from school authorities as proof of completion of 11th and 12th.
- Details and proof of fee payment – In case of SWIFT payment, the complete details should be attached with the printed application form.
After completing the above, candidate should send the duly completed and signed application form along with required documents to : Coordinator DASA, DASA Office, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore 575 025, Karnataka.
Provisional admission given based on SAT score will be deemed to be cancelled if the candidate is not able to produce the required documents for academic eligibilities within the specified time.
- The transcripts / marks / grade sheets of the qualifying examination should be authenticated / attested by the head of the school / institution.
- Incomplete / illegible applications / documentary evidences in any respect would be summarily rejected without any communication to the candidates.
- Candidates should submit the original marks card of the qualifying examination at the time of admission at the allotted institute or submit with in the dates specified by that institute.
Last date for receipt of completed application form along with required fee and supporting documents at NITK Surathkal is June 01, 2016.
C. Send SAT subject test score
Send SAT subject test score to NITK Surathkal through CollegeBoard with designated institute code 6530
The applications of candidates whose SAT Subject Test scores are not received, for any reason whatsoever, by the June 01, 2016 will not be considered for allotment of seats. However, their application may be considered for allotment of seats in Round 4 and spot admission against the seats remaining vacant, provided their SAT subject test scores are received by July 2016.
Ask Your Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) 2016 Doubts