Tamil Nadu Architecture Admission Eligibility
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
The candidates should have passed (pass mark is 80 out of 200) the National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2016 conducted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi.
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu only will be considered for admission. However, the following categories of candidates are also eligible to apply as Tamil Nadu candidate subject to certain conditions given below
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Native candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. including Diploma in Tamil Nadu, need not enclose the Nativity Certificate
- Candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std or their equivalent Examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu, should enclose a copy of the Nativity Certificate with the application for considering them as candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
Candidates belonging to Other State (eligible for Open Competition only)
- Other State candidates who have studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in Tamil Nadu, need not enclose the Nativity Certificate.
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee candidates studying in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition. They have to enclose the following.
- Seats surrendered by the Self Financing Engineering Colleges
- Those who have not registered in the refugee camp, they should submit passport and visa.
- Sons / daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
- Children of Central Government Employees, Employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years may also apply, irrespective of their domicile, provided a certificate from the employer is enclosed that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm.
Note: Foreign Nationals are not eligible.
Qualifying Examinations and Eligibility
(a) HSC (Academic)/Equivalent: The candidates who have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- OC candidates should have secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
- BC/ BCM / MBC & DNC / SC/ SCA / ST candidates should have secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate.
(b) Diploma: The candidate who have passed 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognised by Central / State Governments.
(c) International Baccalaureate Diploma: The candidates who have passed International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of schooling, with Mathematics as compulsory subject.
Ask your Indian Institute of Science (IISc) 2016 Doubts
Our Educational Expert Clarifications
Can I apply for B.Arch after completing the Diplamo courses ?
If you have completed 3 years Diplamo course after 10th standard in a Govt. Recognized intitution, you can apply for B.Arch admissions after writing the NATA Test.