Percentage of Marks Eligibility for TNEA
|| HSC (Academic)
||Minimum average of 50% and above in Maths, Physics and Chemistry
||Min. average of 45% and above in Maths, Physics and Chemistry
|BC / BC (Muslims)
||Minimum average of 45% and above in Maths, Physics and Chemistry
||Minimum average of 50% & above in the related subjects, Vocational theory Subject and practical’s
|MBC & DNC
||Minimum average 40% and above in Maths, Physics and Chemistry
||Minimum average of 40% & above in the related subjects, Vocational theory Subject and practical’s
||Minimum average of 35% in the qualifying Examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
||Minimum average of 35% above in the related subjects, Vocational theory Subject & practical’s.
Nativity: Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu
- Those who studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in Tamil Nadu, Need not enclose the Nativity Certificate.
- Student from Tamil Nadu who’ve passed VIII, IX, X, XI & XII std in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply.
- Tamilnadu Student need not to enclose Nativity Certificate with tnea form.
- Children of Central Govt employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their native provided their parents or guardians have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years at the time of submission of tnea application form 2017 which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian.
- Sons and daugthers of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply.
- Children of employees in Public Sector or govt recognised institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamilnadu continuously for past 5 years may also apply irrespective of their domicle. A certificate from the employer has to be enclosed along with the tnea engineering application form 2017 stating that the person is a permanent employee of the firm or institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF slips, etc.
- Other States candidates who’ve studied VIII, IX, X, XI and XII std in Tamilnadu are also eligible to apply for tnea 2017.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who’ve passed VIII, IX, X, XI, XII std outside the state should enclose Nativity Certificate with the tnea engineering application form 2017.
- Those who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. or their equivalent Examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu, should enclose a copy of the “Nativity Certificate” with the application for considering them as candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu. Applications without proper Nativity Certificate will not be considered
Srilankan Tamil Refugee candidates
Srilankan Tamil Refugee candidates studying in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition as per G.O. (St) No. 172 Higher Education (J2) Dept. dated: 29.06.2010. They have to enclose the following
- Identification from Head Quarters Tahsildars
- Those who have not registered in the refugee camp, they should submit Passport and Visa.
Eligibility for Marine Engineering Branch
The Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India, have issued notification that, for Marine Engineering Degree Programme, the candidate should pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics (P), Chemistry (C), Mathematics (M) & English as a separate subject with a PCM average of not less than 60% for all communities. Further a minimum of 50% in English either at 10th or at 12th standard is required.
Special Requirements for Marine Engineering
- Maximum age limit 25 years;
- Minimum Height 157 cm;
- Minimum Weight 48 kg
- Normal Colour vision.
The candidates will be admitted only on production of physical fitness certificate obtained from the Medical Officer authorised by the Director General of Shipping failing which they will lose the admission.
Ask your TNEA Eligibility Criteria Doubts 2017
Our Educational Expert Clarifications on TNEA
I have been living in tamilnadu for past 18 years, I have ration card, voter id card. My son studied here upto 10th std. 11th and 12th out of tamilnadu. So, Is he eligible for TNEA?
Dinesh Mittal May 10, 2012
Your son is eligible for TNEA as a candidate belonging to TamilNadu provided he has to apply for TNEA with Nativity certificate.
Is the eligibility 45% means that sum of maths, physics & chemistry marks more than 45% or The candidates mark should be above 45% in each subject?
Kalaivani Mar 05, 2012
For BC and BCMs the eligibility is the minimum average of Maths, Physics and chemistry should be 45%. So the average sum of the 3 subjects should be at least 45 not the individual marks.
My friend has completed ITI. He didnt do HSC. Is he eligible for TNEA?
Karthick Feb 05, 2012
Only diploma and HSE vocational candidates are eligible to apply for TNEA. ITI students will not be eligible to apply. They need to have 10+2 years of education for applying TNEA or Diploma and graduates for lateral entry.
I am a Native of Tamil Nadu. I am working in Karnataka now. My son Has done school from LKG to 2nd PU in Karnataka state board. Is he eligible for Engineering Admissions in Tamil Nadu Since I am a Tamil Nadu Origin?
Venkataramanan Feb 05, 2012
Since your are a candidate belonging to Tamil Nadu, your son is eligible for Tamil Nadu Engineering college admissions. You can apply for TNEA by producing the Nativity certificate.
My son has studied class 8,9,10,11,12 in hyderabad, but I am a native of tamil nadu. Is he eligible for TNEA admission?
Ganesh Dec 10, 2011
Yes he is eligible for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions. You need to produce Nativity Certificate for applying in Tamil Nadu.
I am studying in class 12 of CBSE board in Gujarat, I am willing to take admission in Tamilnadu engineering college, what is the procdeure for taking B.Tech admission in Tamilnadu ?
Amit singh Nov 20, 2011
You can join in Tamil Nadu Engineering colleges by other State quota in reputed Govt. Engineering Colleges in Anna University.
My son will pass XII (CBSE) from Chennai school in 2012. He passed his X CBSE from the same Chennai school. I never stayed in Tamil Nadu, Will my son be eligible to apply in TNEA 2012 ?
Harsh Ahuja Nov 16, 2011
Parents staying even in abroad is not a problem, provided the student would have studied in Tamil Nadu. If he completed all his school years in Tamil Nadu, definitely he is eligible for TNEA.
My daughter studied in Hyderabad till 10th standard at a C.B.S.E school there. Now she is studying in 11th std at Tamilnadu board. Is she eligible to get engineering admission in Tamil nadu. She was Born in Chennai and going to appear for +2 TamilNadu Board exam next year. What is the procedures for getting Engineering Admission ?
Manimala Nov 08, 2011
You can apply for TNEA admission provided you produce Nativity Certificate of Tamilnadu. Since you have carried out VIII, IX, X from schools from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu, should enclose a copy of the Nativity Certificate with the application for considering them as candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu. Applications without proper Nativity Certificate will not be considered.