Eligibility and Reservation of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
Eligibility for NEET 2016
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st
December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31 st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be
relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other
Backward Classes. Candidate must born on or between
- Candidate must born on or between -
- 01.01.87 to 01.01.2000 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
- 01.01.92 to 01.01.2000 (Other Category)
The final eligibility criteria will be updated after the announcement.
Reservation of Seats in Govt. Medical Colleges Under 15% All India Quota:
- Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Categary Column in application form.
- Candidates from creamy layer and do not come under Central List are advised to mention their category as General.
These seats are reserved on horizantal basis.The reservation will be made as per 2200 point reservation roster.
- The Pre-medical course may be conducted either at a Medical College or at a Science College.
- After the 10+2 course is introduced the integrated courses be abolished.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to M.B.B.S. Course.
- No State eligibility criteria will be applicable to the students who take admission under 15% All India Quota Scheme.
Ask your NEET 2016 Doubts
Our Educational Expert Clarifications
How many attempts are allowed in NEET exam 2013? My date of birth 21.05.1991 and this will be my 4th time. Is there any problem?
There is no specified number of attempts in NEET. The eligibility is restricted by date of birth and age Limit. Since you have born on 1991 you are eligible to take the NEET exam this year.
What is the Number of attempt for apply NEET 2013?
There is no specific Number of attempts given for attend the NEET exam. But the age limit and date of birth eligibility will decide the Number of attempts in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
What is the Age Limit for OBC in NEET ?
The student has to complete 17 year old at the time of medical admission or the student should complete the 17 age on or before 31 December 2013. Upper age limit is 25 years on 31 Dec 2013. 5 Year relaxation for OBC.
What is the Age limit for All India Pre Medical Exam NEET 2015?
The student has to complete 17 year old at the time of medical admission or the student should complete the 17 age on or before 31 December 2013. Upper age limit is 25 years on 31 Dec 2013. 5 Year relaxation for SC, ST and OBC.
Dec 15, 2011
I am applying for Tamilnadu Medical Admission in 2013, am i eligible to apply for NEET Examination?
Yes you can apply for NEET 2013 even if you are applying for TamilNadu Medical Admission 2013. Maximum number of medical seats are available only through this examination. NEET is being conducted exclusively for the 15% of the total merits positions for the Medical / Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Govt’s, Municipal or other local authorities in India.
I am from Maharashtra, can i eligible to take Tamilnadu or other state colleges through NEET?
You can take any Medical / Dental colleges across India which will be available on NEET counselling. All the states across India will surrender 15% seats in their respective State Government medical and dental colleges except Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir. Hence you can take colleges in Tamilnadu too irrespective of state.