Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - Admission Procedure
IISc Admission Procedure 2016
The Admission on IISc is given based on the National Entrance Examinations. The student must appear and qualified on any one of the following Entrance Examinations.
- KVPY-SA : Appeared in 2015, and selected for the Fellowship
- KVPY-SB : Appeared in 2016, and selected for the Fellowship
- KVPY-SX : Appeared in 2016, and selected for the Fellowship
- JEE Main: Appearing for JEE Main in 2016 and securing a minimum of 60% for General, 54% for OBC-NCL, 30% for SC/ST/PH.
- IIT JEE Advanced : Appearing for JEE Advanced Exam in 2016 and securing a minimum of 60% for General, 54% for OBC-NCL, 30% for SC/ST/PH.
- AIPMT : Appearing for AIPMT in 2016 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PH).
Reservation for SC, ST, OBC, Physically-Handicapped (PH) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates are given as per Government of India regulations.
- Annual Tuition Fee Rs. 10000
- Gymkhana Fee Rs. 720
- Other Academic Fee Rs. 2380
- Students Emergency Fund Rs. 200
- Refundable Statutory Deposit Rs. 2000 (to be paid in the first year only)
- Refundable Library Deposit Rs. 2000 (to be paid in the first year only)
Depending on their performance in national examinations such as KVPY, IITJEE (Main and Advanced), and NEET-UG, students will be able to avail themselves of the standard fellowships offered by agencies such as KVPY and DST-INSPIRE.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) - Dates to Remember
|Start to apply online
|Last date to apply online
|Declarations of exam
| Decalaration of result
Ask your Indian Institute of Science (IISc) 2016 Admission Procedure Doubts
Our Educational Expert Clarifications
Which types of entrance examinations should I clear before applying for IISc?
You can apply for IISc separately with any of the entrance examination score of KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET exams.
I have written NEET exam. If I wont get selected in merit list, will I get admission for B.S programme in IISc?
You will be eligible for IISc admission only if you are selected on the Main merit list of NEET(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
What are the important application dates of IISc entrance exam 2012 ? or Application deadline of IISc ?
Last date to apply IISc Entrance Exam is 30 April 2012, this is the dealine for online application. Last date to submit the application form is 07 May 2012.
When IISc Bangalore application will be issued for this year 2012 ?
For IISc Bangalore the applications are issued only online. online application process is starting from 01 Feb 2012. visit IISc online application .